You will be aware of the very difficult situation we find ourselves in with COVD-19 at the moment and we hope you are safe and well.
At the moment the Government is advising all of us to stay at home as much as possible to limit contact with other people and in that way help to reduce the spread of the coronavirus. If you do have to go out please remember to keep 2-metres away from anyone even if you go into a shop or if you come to visit us in the surgery. This applies to people you do know and those you don’t know. We would recommend you wear a facemask when you do go outside.
We would also recommend:
· wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
· use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
· wash your hands as soon as you get home and before you do anything else in the house
· cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
· put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
· if you can, wear something that covers your nose and mouth when it's hard to stay away from people, such as on public transport – please refer to the 'Staying safe outside your home' page on the GOV.UK website
· wear a face mask in a public space
· touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Controlling diabetes, weight and blood pressure is especially important at this time. If you need any guidance please contact us at the surgery.
We would also like to encourage you to follow official advice for people with darker skin to take Vitamin D all year round to support your health. The recommended dose is 10 micrograms per day. You can get this from a chemist or supermarket.
Finally, just to remind you again about current COVID-19 advice. If you have a high temperature, a new and continuous cough and/or can no longer taste or smell things properly, then you may have coronavirus. Please stay at home and phone NHS 111 who will be able to help you.
Please do not hesitate – the NHS is here to help you and is open for business.